Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What would you do with Heroes power?: Hiro Nakamura

Hiro Nakamura
Picture from http://www.nbc.com

Heroes, one of the best tv series in my opinion, really caught up so many people attentions all around the world. I guess people like this kind of movie, fantasy, super power, and fictional. But what most important is the series manifest the deepest desire of man. Power of flying without machine, teleportation, invisibility, etc. Deep inside our heart, we long for it, we desperately want those kind of powers.
So let's talk about those powers one by one. Let's start with teleportation power of Hiro Nakamura (let's discuss about his time bending power next time). A chubby Japanese character who in my opinion has awsome power but he's just too childish and immature. Teleportation is a great power, I really want it! Have you seen a movie called Jumper? OMG, that's just the way I want, being able to move from one place to another in one blink of eyes regardless the distance.
What can we do with this power? For me, it will really help my financial condition. Nope, not in the way David Rice did in Jumper-- robbing banks, not a chance! If I had that power, I can use it to go to my lab back and forth, which means, less energy consumed, and less cost. Not only that, since everything's so expensive here in Japan, I can have my breakfast, lunch, dinner in my home country which everything's cheaper compare to this country -> less cost of money. I can even just live in my country and study here in Japan. Other than that, I can also get a part time job(s) some where else, for example in America to earn some dollars, then exchange it with my country's money -> I'll be rich in no time :)) And of course, this time just like David in Jumper, I can go to many places around the world which is my ultimate dream!
Aside from those mentioned above, of course there are some bad deeds you can do with the power. One simple example, just watch Jumper :p That's the true power of a "power". It could consume you, devoure all the true you and change you to some one else, someone who is not "you", most of the time, you'll become the "bad version". That happens in real life, you know, even without the fictional powers of Heroes. We can see some people change when they obtain wealth and glory, and start treating people the way they used to hate. So, how to prevent the change? I have no idea. Maybe, love..? :p

No comments: